Cenex has opened the submission process for parties interested in speaking at its Cenex-Connected Automated Mobility (CAM) event, taking place on 9th and 10th September 2020 at Millbrook in Bedfordshire. Interested individuals and organisations are invited to submit an expression of interest (EOI) form through its website at www.cenex-cam.co.uk/seminars. The deadline for submission is Friday, 22 May 2020.
Now in its second year, the Cenex-CAM event provides an ideal platform for organisations to showcase their capabilities, disseminate project results, secure potential business opportunities and engage with opinion informers. The UK is establishing a globally competitive position in the emerging area of connected automated mobility, aiming to be both an early market and a strong industrial base for CAM. Now is the time for industry to come together to discuss emerging technologies, industry issues and what the future holds for this rapidly progressing sector.
Cenex-CAM2020 is inviting speakers to present on the following seminar themes:
Connectivity and automation
- Progress with connectivity and communication for vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-transport infrastructure (V2I), including the potential offered by 5G
- Assurance requirements for safety and cyber-security needs for the next generation of connected and autonomous vehicles
- Progress with perception through on-board sensors and data processing
- Progress with automation, including the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning for vehicle control
Learning from demonstrators in test facilities and field trials
- The use of digital engineering, modelling and simulation for testing and validation of vehicles and vehicle systems in virtual environments
- The latest developments in vehicle and vehicle system testing in controlled (test bed) environments, as well as in field trials in public places to evaluate user acceptance, including case studies from demonstration projects.
- The latest approaches to testing and validation of connected automated vehicles for urban and rural environments, as well as for high-speed driving and parking
Policy and market Insight
- Policy topics to be covered within this seminar theme include innovation policy, as well as certification and regulation of connected and automated vehicles. Innovation policy updates of interest include technology roadmaps and funding for research, development and demonstration.
Expressions of interest are also requested for vehicle certification and regulation initiatives, at international, national and city levels, which will help facilitate safe deployment of vehicles and support market development. Other themes of interest include enabling services for CAM, including legal and insurance frameworks assisting market development.
For market insight, Cenex would like to receive expressions of interest for reporting on technology trends and market forecasts, as well as from businesses exploring early niche markets for CAM.
Robert Evans, CEO of Cenex, says, “Our first Cenex-CAM was a huge success and we are looking forward to building on that success at this year’s event. Last year’s seminar programme was a veritable who’s who of UK organisations and individuals leading in the development,
verification and validation of Connected Automated Mobility solutions. This year we are looking for more of the same along with an added international dimension.
“Discussing key opportunities with like-minded people at an event such as Cenex-CAM2020 is vital – educating, providing research results and predicting future scenarios – as it is these kinds of platforms that equip government and industry decision makers with the right knowledge to enable innovation to continue. We do hope you will register your expression of interest to present at what is sure to be a fantastic event.”
The deadline for submission is Friday, 22 May 2020. Applications will be processed in the second half of May, with speakers notified in early June. The full programme will be published in late June. To keep up to date with Cenex’s 2nd Connected Automated Mobility Event, please visit www.cenex-cam.co.uk or follow @LCV_event on Twitter. To find out more about what COVID-19 means for CAM2020, please visit https://www.cenex-cam.co.uk/news-media/press-releases/covid-19-update